Scientific Researchers / Animal Breeding and Genomics
Scientific Researchers/ Animal Breeding and GenomicsAre you the experienced scientific researcher with verifiable expertise and skills, who can actively and …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
- € 2790 - € 5820 per maand
FunctieomschrijvingScientific Researchers/ Animal Breeding and Genomics
Are you the experienced scientific researcher with verifiable expertise and skills, who can actively and ambitiously contribute to and initiate projects in WUR Animal Breeding and Genomics team? Do you want to work at the centre of excellence for all national and international animal breeding and genomics activities of Wageningen University & Research.
We have positions to support our research activities in national and international programs and projects, in collaboration with scientific and business partners, governments and livestock farmers. We work on new technological applications that can contribute to further knowledge, data and tools in the livestock sector.
(senior) Scientific Researchers
We are looking for enthusiastic researchers, with a relevant background in animal breeding, quantitative genetics, biology and genomics. We are a project orientated organization, with team work as a key competence. Therefore we expect you to have the skills required to work in these project teams, including stakeholders and partners.
You are expected to participate in ongoing research activities, and to take initiative to maintain (or expand) these activities. Establish and maintain good working relationships with key client representatives and research collaborators to ensure relevance and quality of research output.
The research areas where we are looking for additional researchers are:
- Cryo conservation of genetic material (e.g. reproductive cells semen and embryo)
- Big data analytics
- Breeding value estimation software, models, breeding programs
- Phenotyping and novel phenotypes in poultry, pig, insects, fish or cattle
- Bio informatics
The position is available within Wageningen University & Research Animal Breeding and Genomics, that combines the activities of Wageningen Livestock Research and Wageningen University in the field of animal breeding and genomics.
Further preferred skills:
- You should have a PhD in animal biology, genetics, genomics, computational biology or a related field.
- You preferable have work experience (minimum two year Postdoc position) with at least one of the research areas described above.
- You have solid understanding of animal genetics, genomics, biology, physiology of animals / fish.
- You have a scientific publication record in one or more of the research areas.
- Ability to work in a team of diverse scientists and multidisciplinary teams and in a multi-cultural environment.
- You have experience in acquisition of research projects.
- Be able to analyse complex datasets, have programming skills and apply quantitative and molecular- genetic technologies.
- Contacts in relevant national and international networks.
- Result oriented/goal oriented/decisive.
- Takes initiative/client focused.
- Brings parties together/fosters support/collaboration/networking.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills are required. Awareness of the importance of dissemination and societal outreach.
- This position requires an excellent English language proficiency (a minimum of CEFR C2 level)
- For more information about this proficiency level, please visit our special language page.
ConditionsA challenging position with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of € 2.790,- to a maximum of € 5.820,- for a full working week of 36 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Wageningen Research 9scale 10/12).
We also offer:
- 8% holiday allowance
- a structural end-of-year bonus of 3%
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions
- flexible working hours that we determine together in good consultation
- excellent pension plan through ABP
- 171 vacation hours, the possibility to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes
- the possibility to work a maximum of 40 hours per week and in this way build up a maximum of 204 compensation hours per year
- a flexible model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan
- a lively workplace on the Wageningen Campus and good computing facilities to work from home
- make use of the sports facilities on campus for a small fee.
Additional informationDO YOU WANT MORE INFORMATION?
For more information about this function you can contact Ir. Lucia Kaal, telephone +31 317480515 or by e-mail Lucia.Kaal@wur.nl or Prof Roel Veerkamp, telephone +31 317480540 or by e-mail Roel.Veerkamp@wur.nl
Do you want to apply?
This can be done directly via the application button at the vacancy on our website so that we can process your personal data with your permission.
This vacancy is open until 25 October 2020.
Equal opportunities employer
We are an employer that offers equal opportunities. We are happy to receive applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of race, gender, functional impairment, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age. We believe that a diverse and inclusive working environment makes us a more relevant, competitive and resilient organization. Click here for more information about working at WUR with a functional impairment.