Scientist metabolic pathways
Are you interested to source the biochemical diversity of the plant kingdom as a contribution to a sustainable green economy and for the production of high …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
FunctieomschrijvingAre you interested to source the biochemical diversity of the plant kingdom as a contribution to a sustainable green economy and for the production of high value chemicals?
For the cluster Applied Metabolic Systems, we are looking for an experienced researcher with a proven interest in metabolic pathways, preferably in plants. The candidate will be responsible for implementing new methodologies and unravelling metabolic pathways leading to the production of (commercially) valuable plant compounds as well as capturing the value of this knowledge by producing such compounds in plants or microbial production hosts. You will be responsible to acquire, initiate and maintain collaborative projects, through subsidy channels as well as via bi-lateral funding, with industries and/or other research organizations. You will complement a highly motivated, enthusiastic and skilled team to strengthen research and acquisition in this area.
- A PhD degree.
- Expertise in (at least several of) the areas of:
- Metabolic engineering.
- Relationship between chemical structures and enzymatic conversions.
- Evolutionary genetics applied to metabolic pathways.
- Synthetic biology
- A keen interest in translating scientific knowledge into applied research.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- An open and professional working attitude.
- Team player mentality with experience in working in a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken
ConditionsWe offer you a meaningful position with for a maximum of 36 hours per week initially for a period of one year with a possible extension to become a permanent position. A competitive salary, depending on your relevant experience scale 11 or 12 from a minimum of € 3.255,- to a maximum of € 5.748,- based on a 36 hours working week, in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for the Wageningen Research.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural end-of-year bonus of 3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 171 vacation hours (based on full time employment);
- a flexible model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan and the possibility to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that a good balance between work and private life is possible;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented.
We offer versatile employment in an international setting with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Additional informationFor more information about this function, please contact Dirk Bosch, Group leader Applied Metabolic Systems (telephone +31 317 480 933, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information about the procedure, please contact email@example.com
General information about BU Bioscience can be found on https://www.wur.nl/en/Research-Results/Research-Institutes/plant-research/Bioscience.htm
This vacancy is open until 24th November, 2019.
For this position you can only apply on line: http://www.wageningenur.nl/career
Don't e-mail directly to the person mentioned above to apply, but use the website to apply.