We are looking for:
The chair group Education and Learning Sciences (ELS) is looking for a teacher/researcher (Teacher 3) workplace learning and professional skills development in the life sciences domain (0.8 fte). The teacher/researcher will be responsible for:
- teaching and contributing to the further evidence based innovation of at least the MSc modular skills courses Career Development and Networking, and the course HRM, both in collaboration with colleague teachers;
- teaching, in collaboration with colleague teachers, and coordinating the BSc course Presentation Skills;
- supervising thesis and internship students in the field of workplace learning (with the possibility to broaden this to the wider field of education and learning in general);
- contributing to various research and innovation projects in the field of workplace learning and improvement of higher education.
Candidates are expected to fulfil the following requirements:
- A PhD degree and research experience in educational sciences, with a focus on workplace learning and/or professional skills development;
- Very good proficiency in both English* and Dutch speaking and writing;
- Experience in teaching university students at both BSc and MSc level;
- Enthusiastic teacher, able to teach both large and small groups of students as well as supervise individual students in an attractive and understandable way;
- Broad interest in the life sciences domain, and ability to quickly get an overview of actual scientific and job market developments in various disciplines within the life sciences;
- Flexible, cooperative attitude, ability to 'walk in another's' shoes';
- Structured, well organised, coordinating capabilities.
- This position requires an excellent English language proficiency (a mininum of CEFR C2 level). For more information about this proficiency level, please visit our special language page.
We offer a 0.8 fte temporary position for the duration of 1 year, with an option for an extension of 1 year and depending on the financial situation of the group afterwards a permanent position. The Hay function corresponds to Teacher 3, VSNU salary scale 11. The gross monthly salary ranges from €3.637,- to € 4.978,- based on full time employment (38 hours/week), depending on qualities and experience. Additional we offer a holiday allowance of 8% and an end-of-the-year bonus of 8.3% of your annual salary.
The position preferably starts at September 1, 2019.
If you have any questions about this position before submitting your application, please contact dr.ir. Carla Oonk (education coordinator ELS). Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For this position you can apply up until Tuesday 5 March 2019 online by uploading an application letter and resume. Please apply in English.