Two Assistant or Associate Professors (tenure track)
The Cluster Plant Developmental Biology (PDB) offers two tenure track positions at Assistant and/or Associate professor level. PDB is a newly formed cluster …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
The Cluster Plant Developmental Biology (PDB) offers two tenure track positions at Assistant and/or Associate professor level. PDB is a newly formed cluster at the Plant Science Group of Wageningen University, and consisting of the two chair groups; Cell & Developmental Biology and Developmental Biology of Biotic & Environmental Interactions. PDB focuses on plant development potentially in response to biotic or abiotic cues. This includes research lines on the dynamics of intracellular components and the cytoskeleton, stem cell identity, signaling and regulatory gene networks underlying cellular processes controlling intracellular hosting of mutualistic microbes, de novo organ formation (e.g. roots and nitrogen-fixing nodules), and plant developmental responses triggered by the root microbiome as well as plant regeneration.
In a tenure track position, you will have the opportunity to establish an independent research line in plant cell and developmental biology (eventually in context of biotic and/or environmental interactions) and complementary to ongoing research at PDB. An essential aspect of these positions is the acquisition of research projects, both at a national and an international level. Furthermore, teaching at BSc and MSc level will be an important part of your responsibility. PDB invites especially candidates with experience in the fields of quantitative cell biology, gene network regulation, (post-) genomics and/or bioinformatics.
Curiosity-driven scientists who enjoy fundamental understanding of plant biology and search for potential applications of the newly gained knowledge. The ideal candidates have:
- A PhD degree associated with plant science, cell biology, developmental biology, plant-microbe interactions, or any related field.
- Affinity with quantitative data analysis.
- A strong academic record.
- A pro-active attitude, embracing opportunities for collaboration inside and outside of the Cluster Plant Developmental Biology.
- Experience with acquiring research funding.
- Experience in teaching.
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written). This position requires an excellent English language proficiency (a mininum of CEFR C2 level). For more information about this proficiency level, please visit our special language page
ConditionsTenure Track is a career path for scientists who excel in education and research. We seek to attract talented scientists and to stimulate and support their development. The career path consists of a number of successive career steps from Assistant Professor to Associate Professor to possibly Personal Professor. For additional information please see: https://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs/Your-development-in-focus/Tenure-Track.htm.
Evaluation on job performance takes place every 3-4 years, and a positive outcome will lead to a permanent position after 7 years.
We offer you depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of € 3637,- to a maximum of € 4978,- (per month) for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities (scale 11).
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
- for a small fee, make use of the sports facilities on campus.
Additional informationFor more information about the job, please contact Rene Geurts, Viola Willemsen and/or Tijs Ketelaar telephone: 0317 - 482036.
You can apply up to and including June 30, 2020.
You can only apply via the website of Wageningen University & Research; www.wur.eu/career
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature