Ongeveer 7 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Full Professor (Chair) of Medicinal Chemistry / Neurochemistry
You will be responsible for leading an independent research group, which includes establishing and maintaining an internationally competitive research …
- Houtlaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 8371 - € 8371 per maand
You will be responsible for leading an independent research group, which includes establishing and maintaining an internationally competitive research programme that fits on with IMM's research, acquisition of research funding, possibly in collaboration with external academic and/or industrial partners, and supervision and guidance of PhD candidates and scientific staff. Your teaching activities will be part of the Education Institute for Molecular Sciences (which is responsible for the Bachelor's degree programmes in Chemistry, Molecular Life Sciences and Science, and the Master's degree programme in Molecular Sciences) with a focus on teaching in Materials Science and/or Inorganic Chemistry.
We wish to combine our scientific excellence in organic chemistry and chemical biology with the world-class research in neuroscience at DCN. This combination provides an outstanding opportunity to set-up a new research effort in medicinal chemistry/neurochemistry. The range of possible research areas is broad, but should be strongly driven by a molecular chemistry approach to solving longstanding molecular challenges in neuroscience. Examples of possible research lines include the exploration of (small) molecules modulating targets in neurons, synapses and neural networks, and the use of chemical biology approaches to study key aspects of neurodegenerative diseases such as protein aggregation or the search for biomarkers. A strong datascience component may be included, given the complexity and amount of data likely to be encountered.The ideal candidate for this position is a medicinal chemist/neurochemist who has a PhD degree in chemistry or biochemistry and uses chemical biology and/or medicinal chemistry approaches to study and modulate molecular mechanisms underlying neurological or neurodegenerative diseases.
We are therefore looking for:
- An enthusiastic and entrepreneurial scientist with an excellent track record and the potential to conduct research in the field of medicinal chemistry/neurochemistry and initiate a novel, internationally recognised research area within IMM.
- A researcher who is willing to participate in projects of a multidisciplinary nature and who is willing to collaborate and represent our institute in national and international research organisations.
- An inspirational lecturer with proven teaching skills and experience with modern ways of conveying knowledge.
- An academic with proven managerial and organisational experience who will contribute to the administrative and organisational tasks of the Faculty of Science, the IMM research institute and the study programmes they offer.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 8,371 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale H2).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: indefinite period.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Have a look at our excellent employment conditions. They include a good work-life balance (among other things because of the excellent leave arrangements), opportunities for development and a great pension scheme.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof.dr. Wilhelm Huck, Full Professor