The Amsterdam Law School is offering a position for a postdoctoral researcher in the NWO-funded project ‘Judges in Utopia: Judicial law-making in European Pri…
Assistant Professor Ethics of Education (1.0 fte)
The teaching and research activities of this assistant professor vacancy will be on the domain of ethics of education and citizenship education (theoretical, empirical and practice research). We expect the assistant professor to contribute to ...
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5405 per maand
The teaching and research activities of this assistant professor vacancy will be on the domain of ethics of education and citizenship education (theoretical, empirical and practice research). We expect the assistant professor to contribute to bachelor courses and to play an important role in the master track Ethics of Education (incl. directing and teaching courses Citizenship Education and supervising theses). The research will be part of the programme Education in culture and will concern citizenship education. The research activities will need to result in relevant and valorised output in the form of (peer-reviewed) international and national publications and presentations on national and international conferences.
- a PhD degree in behavioural and social sciences, preferably on the domain of citizenship education or ethics of education
- knowledge of theories, research, policies and practices of citizenship education
- knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods in the social sciences
- a relevant publication record demonstrating the candidate's ability or potential to publish international academic publications, preferably in top tier peer-reviewed journals
- capacity and skills in teaching bachelor and master students and supervising master theses
- having obtained the University Teaching Qualification (BKO).
ConditionsThe University of Groningen offers a salary depending on qualifications and work experience. For candidates at the assistant professor level, salary ranging from a minimum of € 3,475 (salary scale 11 Dutch Universities) gross per month to a maximum of € 5,405 (salary scale 12) gross per month for a full-time position, excluding 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees. Favourable tax agreements may apply to non-Dutch applicants. This vacancy of Assistant Professor is a temporary position of 4 years.
We expect candidates to start as soon as possible.
You may apply for this position until 8 September 12.00 pm / before 9 September 2017 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Applications are requested to submit:
1. a cover letter including your view on how your research and/or teaching may fit into the department
2. an up-to-date curriculum vitae
3. a short statement of your research accomplishments and future research goals
4. the names and contact details of two references.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Additional informationProf J.J.H. Dekker
Dr P.A. van der Ploeg
Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences
Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative centre of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research. Balanced study and career paths in a wide variety of disciplines encourage the 30,000 students and researchers to develop their own individual talents. Belonging to the best research universities in Europe and joining forces with prestigious partner universities and networks, the University of Groningen is truly an international place of knowledge.
The unit Education is part of the department Pedagogy and Educational Sciences of the Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences (BSS). The Faculty is a centre of knowledge focusing on individuals and society. The faculty studies issues relating to human behaviour, the relationships between people, and society as a whole. The faculty BSS employs around 600 staff members. The unit Education contributes to the bachelor Pedagogical and Educational Sciences and is responsible for the international master track Ethics of Education. The research of the unit (in the programme Education in Culture) concerns mainly philosophy (incl. ethics) and history of parenting, youth care and education.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature