We are looking for a talented PhD candidate that is willing to fabricate, characterize and measure the performance of nano- and micro-scale pioneer thermal …
Assistant Professor (Universitair Docent) European Culture & Literature: Russian
The successful candidate is expected to prepare, coordinate and teach new courses on European Culture and Literature with focus on Russian literature and multidisciplinary work with Political Sciences. He/she will produce research, and supervise undergraduate, graduate and PhD st
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5513 - € 5513 per maand
The successful candidate is expected to prepare, coordinate and teach new courses on European Culture and Literature with focus on Russian literature and multidisciplinary work with Political Sciences. He/she will produce research, and supervise undergraduate, graduate and PhD students in the field of European culture and literature with specific expertise on Modern Russian Literature and multidisciplinary theoretical approaches. The candidate is expected to develop new ideas in research and education, and acquire funding (independently or jointly with other colleagues) for future research.
The selected candidate will work with other colleagues in the Chair of European Culture and Literature as well as the Chair of Politics and Society organized within the programme of European Languages and Cultures. The programme consists of a multidisciplinary team of researchers collaborating with other departments in the faculty and/or funded by externally raised funds and international guests-researchers. The team covers many areas of Modern European Literary Studies, Cultural Studies, Cognitive and Political Sciences.
The position will involve a teaching load of 60% (including administration) and 40% research. The call is open to candidates from a Russian Studies or a Cultural Studies background; the successful candidate should demonstrate his/her ability to connect effectively to multidisciplinary ongoing research projects and contribute to the faculty’s excellence in teaching and research.
In addition to a number of basic requirements set by the University of Groningen, such as excellent social and communicative skills, presentation skills, coaching skills and a result-oriented attitude, we are looking for a candidate with a PhD in Russian literature and a demonstrable knowledge of Literary Theory and Cultural Studies, and an interest in developments in Political Sciences.
In the area of teaching:
• teaching experience at university level in the field of Russian literature and multidisciplinary work with Political Sciences
• ability to teach in English and Russian; knowledge of Dutch or willingness to learn within a reasonable period of time may be one of the conditions for tenure
• has gained the University Teaching Qualification or is prepared to do so within a year.
In the area of research:
• excellent research qualities, as evidenced by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals
• a willingness to obtain research funding grants.
In the area of management and organization:
• demonstrable management capacities and organization skills
• able to work both individually and in a (virtual) multidisciplinary team
• ability to meet deadlines and produce work of a consistently high standards.
ConditionsThe University of Groningen offers a salary for the assistant professor dependent on qualifications and work experience, with a minimum of € 3,545 (scale 11 Dutch Universities) to a maximum of € 5,513 (scale 12) gross per month for a full-time position. In addition, we offer an 8% holiday allowance and an annual end of year bonus of 8.3%. The conditions are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU).
The appointee will ideally commence as soon as possible. The position is fulltime: 1.0 FTE. The appointment will initially be on a temporary basis for one year with the possibility of becoming a permanent position following a positive Results and Development assessment.
The University of Groningen is an equal-opportunity employer and has adopted an active policy to increase the number of female scientists and members of under-represented groups. Therefore, female candidates and members of under-represented groups are especially encouraged to apply. The University of Groningen provides career services for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
How to apply
You may apply for this position until 30 July 23:59h / before 31 July 2018 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Applicants should fill in the application form and upload four PDF files:
1. A letter containing your motivation for applying for this position
2. A full curriculum vitae including a list of five self-selected “best papers”; the complete list of publications and the names and contact details of three referees
3. A brief description of scientific interests and plans; a statement about teaching goals and experience (maximum two pages in total). This can be loaded under ”extra document” on the website
4. An appropriate writing sample. This can be loaded under ”extra document” on the website.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Additional informationProf. Pablo Valdivia Martin