Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant Professor in International Relations and Diplomacy
The MSc International Relations and Diplomacy Programme (MIRD) programme seeks to expand its academic staff by appointment of an assistant professor in …
- Begijnhof, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 3475 - € 5405 per maand
The MSc International Relations and Diplomacy Programme (MIRD) programme seeks to expand its academic staff by appointment of an assistant professor in International Relations (with an emphasis on international organization, international political economy and international relations theory). Expertise in research methods is an asset. The successful applicant will be expected to:
- be able to teach in areas such as International Relations, International Political Economy, International Organization;
- candidates who can also teach methods courses (quantitative or qualitative analysis, or research design), are particularly welcome to apply;
- participate in and contribute to the research conducted within the MSc International Relations and Diplomacy program and the Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs;
- conduct independent research and support the further and ongoing development and implementation of the research strategy of MIRD;
- Excellent command of English;
- supervise theses and co-supervise PhD projects;
- take on administration tasks (such as participating in committees related to the program);
- PhD degree in Political Science, International Relations or a related academic area;
- Outstanding research qualities manifest in an established or developing publication record that includes publications in international peer-reviewed journals;
- Demonstrable excellence in research-led teaching;
- Excellent network in the area of international relations and international organization;
- Demonstrable commitment to the public and political debate.
The successful candidate will be part of an ambitious and dynamic team of scholars. The position is initially for one year, starting preferably on 1 September 2018. Depending on budgetary circumstances and a positive performance review, the appointment might be extended. Salary range from €3,475,- to €5,405,- gross per month (pay scale 11 or 12) depending on experience, in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
University Teaching Qualification. Leiden University requires teaching staff to obtain the UTQ. If the successful applicant does not already possess this qualification or its equivalent, he/ she must be willing to obtain this Qualification within two years.
Leiden university is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the chair of the search committee, Professor Madeleine Hosli, Director of the MSc International Relations and Diplomacy program, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this vacancy, please send no later than 19 June 2018 an email to our Personnel Department at PenOvacatures@FGGA.leidenuniv.nl. Please ensure that you upload the following additional documents in PDF format, quoting the vacancy number:
- A motivation letter;
- CV including a list of publications;
- A sample publication;
- Evidence of teaching experience and ability;
- Three letters of recommendation.
Interviews with shortlisted candidates will be conducted in the first week of July. You are kindly requested to be available for a potential interview in this period.