Assistant Professor of Environmental Politics and Policy
The Institute of Political Science of Leiden University’s Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Environmental Politics and Policy
- Wassenaarseweg, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
We are looking to hire an assistant professor in the area of environmental politics and policy. The appointment includes teaching introductory and advanced courses reflecting the candidate’s expertise, supervising MSc and BSc theses, conducting scholarly research, acquiring external research funding, and participating in the intellectual and administrative life of the Institute (i.e., department). It could also include teaching general Political Science introductory courses, working groups, and co-supervising PhD theses.
The applicants must be qualified to research and teach in one or more of the following areas: international environmental governance and politics, environmental movements and green parties, environmental policy and regulation, the political economy of energy and environment, or environmental justice. The applicants should be well trained in one or more of the major sub-disciplines of political science (e.g., comparative politics, international relations, political philosophy, or a cognate discipline) and in research methods appropriate to their field and interests; applicants trained in a cognate discipline must be able to demonstrate their familiarity with political science.
- Applicants must hold (or be near to completing) a PhD in Political Science or a cognate discipline;
- Applicants must have a promising research agenda, some scholarly publications, teaching experience and good teaching evaluations;
- Applicants must be able to teach in English; ability to teach in Dutch is a plus. Staff who do not speak Dutch upon appointment are required to progress steadily toward at least a B1 level (CEFR) through training financed by the institute;
- Leiden University requires teaching staff to obtain the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ). If the successful applicant does not already possess this qualification or its equivalent, s/he must obtain this qualification within two years.
The position starts as soon as possible, preferably by spring 2021. The appointment will be made on a temporary contract of up to 3 years depending upon prior experience. Review for a permanent appointment may be possible during or after the term of the initial contract, depending upon performance (including teaching, research and administration) and the budgetary situation of the Institute. Salary range from € 3,746.- to € 5,127.- gross per month, depending on experience (pay scale 11, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with an additional holiday bonus (8% of annual salary) and end-of-year bonus (8.3% of annual salary), training and career development. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. For more information, see the website.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Further enquiries can be directed to Tom Louwerse, chair of the search committee, email email@example.com.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature