2 dagen geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
University Lecturer in Continental philosophy
Teaching courses in Continental philosophy (understood as primarily German and French traditions in post-Kantian philosophy) and history of philosophy in our …
- Cleveringaplaats, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 2709 - € 4978 per maand
- Teaching courses in Continental philosophy (understood as primarily German and French traditions in post-Kantian philosophy) and history of philosophy in our BA and MA programmes in Philosophy and in other Leiden University degree programmes as required, and supervision of BA and MA theses;
- Teaching in Dutch in due course;
- Supervision of PhD research;
- Original research in philosophy and dissemination of findings through appropriate channels;
- Acquisition of research funding from outside sources;
- Representation of the field to external audiences and media;
- Active participation in the running of the institution.
- PhD degree in philosophy;
- Expertise in Continental philosophy and history of philosophy;
- Research and publication record commensurate with career stage;
- Teaching experience and commitment to high-quality teaching practice;
- Excellent command of English;
- Ability to teach and supervise in Dutch from the outset will be considered an advantage. If the successful applicant does not speak Dutch, s/he will be required to acquire proficiency in Dutch to level B1 within two years of taking up the appointment;
- Upon appointment, depending on experience and formal qualifications, the successful applicant is required to obtain a nationally standardized teaching skills certificate;
- Openness to other philosophical traditions and to interdisciplinary cooperation;
- Team player, but also able to carry out independent research and teaching;
- Flexible, enterprising, and enthusiastic.
We offer a full-time (38 hours per week), fixed-term post for the period of two years from 1 August 2019, or as soon as possible thereafter, with the possibility of a permanent contract conditional on performance and funding. Salary range, depending on training and experience, is from €2,709 to €4,978 (pay scale 10 or 11 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities) before tax per month, based on a full-time appointment.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
Enquiries about the function content and the procedure can be made to Professor James McAllister, academic director, Institute of Philosophy, email firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone +31 71 527 2004
Please submit online your application no later than 5 March 2019 via the blue button in our application system. Applicants should submit online
- Motivation letter;
- CV including education and employment history, courses taught, publications;
- Research plan with clear potential for applications to funding bodies such as NWO and ERC (max. 2 pages);
- Statement of teaching philosophy (max. 2 pages);
- Representative course descriptions and, if available, teaching evaluations;
- Names and contact details of at least two academic referees (no reference letters at this stage).
Enquiries from agencies are not appreciated.