3 dagen geleden - Beteor mens en organisatie - Wijchen
Lecturer(s) for Graduate School trainings on Open Science, Research Ethics, Integrity, Impact & Communication.
Are you passionate about Open Science? Would you like to train PhD candidates attending the recently launched Maastricht University (UM) Graduate School Programme on research ethics & integrity, research data management, open access publishing and science communication? Then we would like to get in touch with you!
- Kleine Looiersstraat, Maastricht, Limburg
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 9 - 19 uur
- € 2790 - € 4402 per maand
As from September 2021 the UM will start a common Graduate School training program for new PhD candidates (internal and external). This program consists of basic courses relevant for all PhDs candidates. The themes covered by these courses are:
- Open Science (including Open Access, FAIR Research Data Management)
- Research Ethics and Integrity
- Impact & Science Communication
All three thematic courses consist of two parts:
- an online web based introduction course, which can be attended individually and
- interactive PBL-group sessions, offering opportunities to present and discuss the themes in relation to the diverse research projects with PhD candidates from various disciplines to broaden PhD candidates scope in academia and make them aware of differences between disciplines.
To teach and guide the interactive sessions, we are looking for one or two lecturers, who are team players with a passion for teaching and ideas on mentoring students in multi-disciplinary groups with diverse cultural backgrounds in an innovative and interactive way. This position is initially for one year, 0.5 fte or 2 positions for 0.25 fte each. The lecturer(s) will be seconded or appointed at the University Library; Research Support and Development (RS&D) department and will collaborate closely with the colleagues of RS&D and the ethical committee in offering these interactive sessions.
- An academic level of working and thinking, applicants preferably hold a PhD;
- Broad interest in scientific research and in the research process;
- Teaching skills and / or experiences; applicants preferably hold a Basic Qualification Certificate;
- Proven affinity/experience with the work of PhD candidates in general;
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills;
- Proficiency of the English language.
- Experience in collaborative multidisciplinary teams;
- Pro-active, entrepreneurial attitude and can work independently;
- Ability to easily assimilate new knowledge and not afraid to learn on the job.
Conditions of employment
- We offer one lecturer (0.5fte) or two lecturer position(s) of each (0.25fte) initially for one year.
- We offer a rewarding career at a young university in the heart of Europe, with a distinct global perspective and a strong focus on innovative research and education.
- The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO), supplement with local UM provisions. For more information on terms of employment, please visit our website www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > About UM > Working at UM.
- The salary is competitive, depending on qualifications and work experience. On top of this, there is an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end of the year allowance.
- We offer an attractive package of fringe benefits such as, reduction on collective health insurance, substantial leave arrangements, parental leave packages, attractive retirement benefits, making use of sport facilities for a small fee and application for attractive fiscal arrangements for employees from abroad;
- We provide a stimulating, collaborative and interdisciplinary work environment;
- Maastricht University has an excellent international reputation, and Maastricht itself is a beautiful, open-minded city located in the centre of Western Europe.
Applicants are requested to apply by sending their CV and motivation letter through Academic Transfer only.
Deadline for application is Sunday 8th of August.
The online job interviews will be held Wednesday the 11th of August 2021.
Selected candidates will receive an invitation for the online job interviews on Tuesday the 10th of August.
Informal inquiries concerning this position can be directed to:
Henk van den Hoogen, University Library - program manager research data management,
M 06-46705197, firstname.lastname@example.org
Claudia van Oppen, Deputy Director University Library, Manager Research Support and Development, Service Integrator Research Data Management Support UM & MUMC+
M 06-46705577, email@example.com