3 dagen geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Assistant Professor in Optoelectronic Devices
We seek an independent researcher and scholar in the electrical engineering domain of optoelectronic devices. Devices transducing electronic to optical energy …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 3807 - € 5922 per maand
We seek an independent researcher and scholar in the electrical engineering domain of optoelectronic devices. Devices transducing electronic to optical energy and signals, and vice versa, play a meaningful role in the developed world and will further gain global importance through photovoltaics and photonics. We research and develop the technology of such devices, making use of the Nanolab Twente, one of the best equipped academic clean room laboratories in Europe.
An attractive range of facilities at the University of Twente (UT) provide the setting for cutting edge research:
- The Nanolab Twente, for device manufacturing;
- Extensive optical and electrical test facilities;
- A modern ICT infrastructure and the necessary simulation platforms.
In the group of Integrated Devices and Systems (IDS) we are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Assistant Professor with relevant post-doctoral experience to develop a coherent research line in semiconductor-based optoelectronic devices. The research will span the range from photovoltaic cells and photodiodes via light emitting devices to integrated photonic circuits. It takes place in a cooperative, multidisciplinary research line formed by scientific staff of the three science and engineering faculties of the UT.
You will publish in international refereed journals, present at conferences, apply for external funding and engage in international and interdisciplinary collaboration and in outreach activities at the UT. You will teach courses and be involved in the supervision of students during their graduation projects. The initial division of tasks is equal between research and teaching.
- PhD in electrical engineering, applied or experimental physics, or a related field;
- Demonstrated record of innovation in optoelectronics research, with publications in the main specialist journals and conferences;
- Strong English language oral and written communication skills;
- Experience with device fabrication.
- Excellent teaching and communication skills, and the willingness to complete the University Teaching Qualification;
- Industrial experience;
- International experience.
ConditionsWe offer an excellent and stimulating scientific environment with attractive technological infrastructure and campus facilities. The UT provides a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
You will be appointed fulltime for a maximum of 1,5 years. Near the end, you will be subject to a job performance evaluation. If the result is positive and the circumstances of the organization remain the same, the contract will be converted into a permanent contract. The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO) and include:
- A starting salary from € 3.807 (scale 11) to € 5.922 (scale 12) gross per month, based on relevant work experience;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment based on a formal workweek of 38 hours. A fulltime employment in practice means 40 hours a week, therefore resulting in 96 extra leave hours on an annual basis.
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A solid pension scheme.
Additional informationPlease send your application via the 'Apply now' button before the 1st of November (deadline: 31 October 2021, 23:59 CET), and include:
- Your Curriculum Vitae;
- A cover letter and a complete list of publications;
- Two references we might contact.
We would very much like to increase the number of women in the department. Therefore we prefer female candidates. Hence we will start this procedure with only inviting female applicants as a first step. If this does not result in a match, we will resume the procedure with male applicants after 4 weeks. However, we do invite all candidates to apply immediately.