Your research will focus on development and validation of the e-coachingsmodule for patients with diabetes and asthma by studying:
- Setting up a module that enables monitoring of daily life behaviour of patients with asthma, COPD and DM2 using mobile ecological momentary assessments
- Develop a platform and algorithms where this information from different data sources can be combined and transformed into a comprehensive behavioural picture to be used as starting point for coaching.
- Aspects and dynamics of behavioural change. This focuses on the development of coaching content and materials for information provision to make patients aware of their medical profile and daily behaviour; educational materials to teach patients about healthy behaviour, self-management skills and goal setting; a list of motivational messages, reinforcement and rewards, including formats which show the changes over time.
- You hold a master’s degree in Biomedical Sciences, Computer Science, Behavioral science, Technical medicine or a similar expertise;
- You have a strong affinity with both the technological and the psychological field.
- You have excellent analytical skills and an innate ability for solution oriented problem solving;
- You have expertise in working in multidisciplinary teams;
- You are a team player with great communication skills;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, both spoken and written.
For inquiries about this position and our offer you can contact Prof. Dr. Miriam Vollenbroek-Hutten (firstname.lastname@example.org
). Candidates should upload their application before May 27, 2018 by using the application button below, including a short motivation letter and CV. The interviews for this PhD position will take place on June 14, 2018.
The University of Twente offers a stimulating work environment in an area of applied, forefront research and offers strong and inspiring collaboration with the medical field and the other organisations involved in this project. You will have a 1.0 fte position for the duration of 4 years and can participate in all employee benefits the UT offers. The gross monthly salary starts with € 2222,- in the first year and increases to € 2840,- in the fourth year of your employment.
Additionally, the University of Twente provides excellent facilities for professional and personal development, an holiday allowance of 8%, and an end of year bonus of 8.3%.