Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Applied Mathematics (0.8 - 1.0 FTE)
The Faculty of Science at Utrecht University is looking for an Assistant Professor in Applied Mathematics. Interested? Read more and apply here.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 3637 - € 4978 per maand
The Department of Mathematics of Utrecht University invites applications for a Tenure Track position in the area of Applied Mathematics (including data-driven approaches to dynamical systems, inverse problems and uncertainty quantification, applied dynamical systems, multiscale processes and complex systems). We are looking for young scientists that are eager to play a committed role in all aspects of academic life, including collaborations with other fields of science.
We are seeking applicants with the following qualifications:
• a PhD in Mathematics or related discipline;
• significant research achievements and promise for the future;
• track record of international publications in leading journals;
• high potential for the acquisition of external research funds;
• an affinity for applications of mathematics and multidisciplinary collaboration;
• readiness to supervise Postdocs and/or PhD candidates;
• a committed role in (inter-)national activities in scientific and/or societal communities;
• commitment towards teaching and student supervision;
• ability to teach in and develop teaching material for Bachelor's and Master's programmes in Mathematics, based on an indepth understanding of current developments in the field;
• ideas about organising events, such as research conferences, workshops and seminars;
• willingness to acquire a working knowledge of the Dutch language within the first two years of the appointment.
In view of our aspiration to improve the gender balance we strongly encourage women to apply.
ConditionsThis is an appointment of 0.8 - 1.0 FTE for the duration of five years (Tenure Track). The position will be subject to a mid-term evaluation after approximately 2.5 years and an end-term evaluation. Following a positive evaluation the position will become permanent after 5 years. In case of sufficient seniority, the position can be tenured at a higher level. Female candidates will also be considered for a Westerdijk Fellowship. The fellowship is an attractive startup package created by the Faculty of Science in order to increase its number of female scientists. The Fellowships are named after Johanna Westerdijk, appointed in 1917 on the chair of Plant Pathology at Utrecht, who was the first female Professor in The Netherlands.
The minimum gross salary is €3,637 and the maximum gross salary is €4,978 (scale 11 of the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment. Besides that, you will receive a holiday allowance of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 %. Utrecht University also has an appealing package of terms of employment, including the choice for a good balance between work and private (a good arrangement for leave, among other things), possibilities for development and an excellent pension scheme. More information on working at Utrecht University can be found here. For international employees, the University offers help with finding housing, child care and schools, as well as a partner programme and a Dutch language course.
Additional informationFor more information about this position, please contact Prof. Dr. Sjoerd Verduyn Lunel, via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (030) 253 15 29.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature