Technical Researcher Post Harvest Technology
Are you interested in innovative and practical solutions for fresh supply chains? In combating food waste in the supply chain? In improving product quality …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
Are you interested in innovative and practical solutions for fresh supply chains? In combating food waste in the supply chain? In improving product quality for the consumer? Would you like to work in an organisation where you get room and opportunities to learn, to develop and to turn challenges into successes together? Then let us know quickly that you want to strengthen our growing team!
In the Post-Harvest Technology group we create optimal climates for fresh products to maintain the quality of those products for as long as possible. We use all sorts of technology for this: cooling technology, packaging technology, air conditioning etc. We perform ATP tests for international transporters of fresh products, and research the technical specifications required for containers in order to preserve quality during transport.
As technical researcher for post-harvest technology you are responsible for performing the ATP tests, according to the protocol, in our ISO-certified lab. You are a team player who, together with your colleagues, carries out innovative and multidisciplinary research to solve the problems faced by our national and international clients in the area of post-harvest quality of fresh products, with the help of technological solutions. For this, it is often necessary to work on location (abroad) to guide a project in the right direction, and to experience the problems hands-on.
- You are a practically minded academic with strong communication skills (with a relevant degree, e.g. agricultural technology, horticulture or similar),
- You have knowledge and demonstrable experience of working in an ISO-certified environment,
- You have knowledge of post-harvest technology, cooling technology, CA storage and fresh products such as fruit, vegetables, flower and plants, and you want to continue to develop this knowledge,
- You have experience or a strong affinity with research,
- You are enterprising, take the initiative, and have a strong focus on results,
- You are interested in the latest scientific developments, and know how to translate these to practical applications,
- You are capable of building and maintaining a network and client base,
- You have a good verbal and written command of Dutch and English. Knowledge of French is an advantage
ConditionsA job at a commercial organisation that will challenge you every day to provide our clients with the best possible solution. As Technical researcher Post-Harvest Technology you will be part of an ambitious team working on a wide range of issues with plenty of scope for initiative. Personal input and responsibility are an integral part of our culture.
We offer a temporary position with an average working time of 36 hours per week. The contract is initially for the period of 1 year, with the possibility of a permanent employment contract in the future. Gross salary is € 4253,- maximum per month. We not only offer a competitive salary but also good (study) leave and a pension of the ABP Pension Fund.
Additional informationFor more information about this position, please contact Nicole Koenderink (R&D manager), telephone number +31 317 480 225 .
For more information about the contractual aspects, please contact Wilma Jansen (HRM department), email Wilma.email@example.com
You can apply online at www.wur.nl/en/Jobs/Vacancies.htm until April 30, 2018.