Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
PhD position in Wearable Robotics: Towards symbiotic and versatile control of wearable exoskeletons for workers
Are you fascinated by how humans can control wearable robotic devices in an intuitive and robust way? Are you fund of modelling and want to use this passion …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2222 - € 2840 per maand
Are you fascinated by how humans can control wearable robotic devices in an intuitive and robust way? Are you fund of modelling and want to use this passion to improve control of wearable robotic devices?
The department of Biomechanical Engineering of the University of Twente is looking for a PhD candidate who will work at the intersection between movement biomechanics and wearable robotic exosuit technologies. This PhD position will give you a unique opportunity to develop next generation human-machine interfaces for enabling wearable robots to operate in concert with the human body and dynamically co-adapt with it, i.e. in response to fatigue. These technologies will be developed with the aim of augmenting motor capacity in individuals operating in a variety of scenarios, i.e. from industrial to medical settings. You will establish novel interfaces the human neuromuscular system by sampling and processing bio-electrical signals from muscle tissues. He/she will develop novel model-based techniques for decoding human motor intention and body states (i.e. muscle force, fatigue levels) and for controlling advanced multi-functional exosuits. This job represents an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual with a collaborative spirit and a high level of intellectual and scientific competence.
You will be working on the following tasks:
- Developing computational frameworks for musculoskeletal modelling and simulation.
- Translating insights from musculoskeletal modelling into biologically-inspired control systems for wearable exosuits.
The research will be embedded in a large national program on wearable robotics that will start in the mid of 2018 and aims to develop new key-enabling technologies for wearable robotics. This will develop wearable robots to augment, support or supplement human physical capabilities with applications in healthcare and industry. This research will make extensive use of the unique facilities available in our new established wearable robotics lab.
The position is suited for you if:
- you are a highly motivated young scientist with a master degree in engineering (i.e. biomedical, mechanical, computer, or electronic), physics or related fields.
- you have prior knowledge in the area of computational musculoskeletal modelling, electromyography and real-time programming,
- you have strong programming skills including C++, Python, and MATLAB programming/scripting packages,
- you have an excellent command of written and spoken English is critical,
- you have previous experience in a scientific environment.
- A cover letter carefully describing your research interests/goals and why you want to apply for this position
- A detailed CV with a publication list and including contact information for at least two academic references
- Transcripts from your Bachelors and/or Masters degrees
- A link to your personal website or multimedia portfolio highlighting your work is encouraged.
For more information on the open position you can contact Prof. H. van der Kooij, mail: email@example.com, phone: +3153-4894779 or Asst.-Prof. Massimo Sartori, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +31534891441.
You can upload the above-mentioned documents (maximum of 3 documents) through the application button below before June 1st.
We offer a very challenging fulltime position in an inspiring multidisciplinary and international environment.
- We provide a stimulating, modern research environment, i.e. the new established Wearable Robotics lab, with world-class research facilities.
- We offer you a full time four-year position with a one-year probation period;
- You will be enrolled in Twente Graduate School;
- The gross monthly salary starts with € 2222,- in the first year and increases to € 2840,- in the fourth year of your employment;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A proven pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs.