Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant Professorship in Corporate Finance/Assistant Professorship in Banking
You have excellent teaching skills to contribute to the courses in the BSc and MSc programs offered by the Department. You participate in the teaching of courses, in particular in the fields of (Corporate) Finance, Banking, Econometrics and Introductory Statistics. Moreover, you
- Broerstraat, Groningen, Groningen
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 4978 - € 4978 per maand
You have excellent teaching skills to contribute to the courses in the BSc and MSc programs offered by the Department. You participate in the teaching of courses, in particular in the fields of (Corporate) Finance, Banking, Econometrics and Introductory Statistics. Moreover, you are involved in the supervision of bachelor and master theses.
You also have the ability to conduct original research and publish in high-ranked international journals. You have a track record of high-quality internationally recognized academic research in the field of Corporate Finance and Banking. The scope of your research can be broad and may include topics such as capital structure, dividend policy, corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, financing and investment, capital markets and financial institutions, banking, financial intermediation, bank regulation, disclosure policies, etcetera.
To qualify, you should have:
• a PhD in Finance or Economics
• teaching experience, preferably in Finance
• proven interest and/or ability in developing and creating courses and teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level, and in mentoring students
• a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) or the willingness to obtain this qualification
• a promising and relevant research record
• excellent writing skills
• proficiency in statistical packages (especially STATA)
• a strong interest in publishing in top tier economics journals
• the potential to generate external funding for research projects; and a social, positive and dedicated attitude.
ConditionsWe offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a salary depending on qualifications and work experience starting from a minimum of € 3,637 gross per month to a maximum of € 4,978 gross per month (salary scale 11) for a full time position
- 8% holiday allowance, 8.3% end-of-year bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees. Favorable tax treatment may apply to non-Dutch applicants
- 232 holiday hours per calendar year for a full time employment
- an appointment for a period of five years with 50% research time.
We expect you to start by August/September 2020
Additional informationProf. Niels Hermes
Prof. Rob Alessie
Department of Economics, Econometrics & Finance:
Research Institute Economics, Econometrics & Finance