2 dagen geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
This position is connected to the research project ‘From Data to Active Lifestyle in Wheelchair Users’ funded under the NWO/SIA/FAPESP Sport and Data Science …
- Niels Bohrweg, Leiden, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 22 uur
- € 2709 - € 4274 per maand
This position is connected to the research project ‘From Data to Active Lifestyle in Wheelchair Users’ funded under the NWO/SIA/FAPESP Sport and Data Science call in close cooperation with Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and Hogeschool Inholland/HvA. The aim of this project is to adapt an existing E-coaching platform (Virtuagym) by using existing data collections and new data to be collected, and to evaluate and improve the use of the adapted E-platform, evaluate changes in healthy active lifestyle parameters, fitness, health and quality of life of wheelchair users and identify determinants of these changes, identify factors affecting transitions from an inactive lifestyle, through an intermediate level, to an athlete level, comparing wheelchair users with the general population, and comparing Dutch with Brazilian individuals. Primary research questions and responsibilities are:
- Detecting essential features determining vitality and progress of wheelchair users in various data collections;
- Applying machine learning for activity recognition and energy expenditure estimation;
- Compare cohorts in different cities and between intermediate and advanced users of the platform in order to refine the personalized coaching model;
- Coordinating the data management of project measurement data (physiology and vitality outcomes for wheelchair users and general population), transforming these into FAIR datasets.
- The candidate holds a PhD in Computer Science, Statistics or Social Sciences with a strong focus on data intensive research methods;
- The project particularly encourages applications from candidates with affinity to a combination of data science and sport data;
- Strong analytical capacity;
- Proven data processing skills, experience with tools such as R, Python is an advantage;
- Willingness and proven ability to work independently, but also execute research as part of a team and in accordance to the project goals;
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English are required. Fluency in Dutch an asset, but not a condition.
We offer a 2-year position. Salary ranges from €2,709 to €4,274 gross per month for a full-time position as postdoc (pay scale 10 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Wessel Kraaij, email email@example.com. If you have any questions about the procedure, please contact Marloes van der Nat, email firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone +31 70 527 7061.
Applications using the vacancy number and including:
- A full CV including a list of publications and a link to your Google Scholar page;
- Contacts of two persons which can be approached for references;
- Statement of Purpose (1 page, briefly describing your research experience, interests and plans);
- (Draft of) PhD Thesis.
should be submitted no later than 26 February 2019 by email at email@example.com.
Selected candidates may be invited for an interview (skype or in person).
Enquiries from agencies are not appreciated.