1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
PhD: Engineering modular bio-inks to produce advanced tissue constructs
At the Department of Developmental BioEngineering at the University of Twente, a vacancy exists for a PhD-student. This vacancy is funded via a recently …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2325 - € 2972 per maand
At the Department of Developmental BioEngineering at the University of Twente, a vacancy exists for a PhD-student. This vacancy is funded via a recently granted Vidi award, and is available from December 1st 2019. In this project, you will develop modular bio-ink composed of cell containing microgels, which are generated using advanced microfluidic droplet generation. These microgels will be used to create bio-inks that are capable of creating complex tissues in a simple manner. If you are looking for a PhD position that challenges you and has the potential for high-impact results, this is the position for you.
University of Twente’s Technical Medical Centre is widely recognized for its excellence in the development of new biomedical solutions and advanced nano/microtechnologies. The PhD will be positioned in the department of Developmental BioEngineering (DBE), which has a strong history in the development of advanced biomaterials, cutting-edge microfluidics, and tissue engineering. You will be responsible for microfluidic generation of micrometer sized hydrogels, development of novel modular bio-inks, creation of hierarchical tissues. Special emphasis will be given to the rheological analysis of the generated microgels and tissues. You will therefore work on the multidisciplinary interface of microfluidics, biomaterials, and tissue engineering.
- You hold a Master’s degree in Biomaterial Science, Biomedical Engineering, or an equivalent field of research; affinity with tissue engineering and cartilage biology is preferred, but not essential.
- You have excellent analytical skills and an innate ability for solution oriented problem solving;
- You have a strong interest in innovative biomaterial solutions, micromaterials, cell-biomaterial interaction, and clinical translation;
- You have experience in investigating biomaterial science, polymer chemistry, rheology, micromaterials, or cell-material interactions. Experience in microfluidics, droplet generation, hydrogels, or stem cell biology will be considered as a benefit;
- You have hands-on experience with applied biomaterials science and material characterization.
- You are a team player with great communication skills;
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
For inquiries about this position and our offer you can contact Dr. Jeroen Leijten (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline for applications is set to 31-12-2019. Please use the link below to apply.
You will be appointed on a fulltime position for four years, within a stimulating scientific environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues, as well as the following:
- A PhD position for four years (38 hrs/week);
- An outstanding scientific environment: our department is a recognized Centre of Excellence;
- Gross salary PhD student: ranging from € 2.325,00 (1st year) to € 2.972,00 (4th year) per month, plus holiday allowance (8%) and end-of-year bonus (8.3%);
- Full status as an employee at the University of Twente, including pension and health care benefits;
- Good secondary conditions, in accordance with the collective labor agreement CAO-NU;
- The basic entitlement to holiday leave is 232 hours per calendar year in case of full- time employment.
- Extensive opportunities for professional and personal development;
- A green and lively campus, with excellent sports facilities and many other activities;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature