1 dag geleden - Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen - Groningen
Post-doc research position Nanosheet buffer layers
The XUV Optics group is embedded in the MESA+ Institute which is one of the largest nanotechnology research institutes in the world, delivering competitive …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3123 - € 4274 per maand
The XUV Optics group is embedded in the MESA+ Institute which is one of the largest nanotechnology research institutes in the world, delivering competitive and successful high-quality research. The institute employs 500 people of which 275 are PhD’s or PostDocs. With its unique NanoLab facilities the institute holds 1250 m2 of cleanroom space and state-of-the-art research equipment. The University of Twente is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply Your goal is to develop the key material science required for nanosheet buffer layers, including:
- chemical synthesis, exfoliation and transfer of the nanosheets to large (4 inch) substrates with high surface coverage using Langmuir-Blodget technique.
- establishing links between coating quality/reproducibility and results of characterization techniques such as AFM and XRD.
- exploring the feasibility of alternative methods for coating of non-flat substrate geometries.
We are looking for a motivated and skilled post-doctoral researcher to carry out advanced, thin film physics research on oxide nanosheets. These nanosheets are usually prepared through a chemical route and transferred to substrates using techniques such as Langmuir-Blodget deposition . The nanosheets can be used as buffer layers in applications such as integrating piezoelectric films onto various substrates . Our aim is to develop the understanding on chemical synthesis routes, quality, and transferability of these nanosheets to various substrate geometries.
The XUV Optics Group at Twente has started a new multidisciplinary research programme on these topics. We develop forefront fundamental research, relevant to high tech applications (www.utwente.nl/xuv/). The research will take place in a state-of-the-art thin film laboratory within the MESA+ Institute for Nanotechnology at the University of Twente, in collaboration with various academic and industrial partners.
Johan E. ten Elshof, Huiyu Yuan, and Pablo Gonzalez Rodriguez. "Two‐Dimensional metal oxide and metal hydroxide nanosheets: synthesis, controlled assembly and applications in energy conversion and storage." Advanced energy materials 6.23 (2016): 1600355.
Muharrem Bayraktar, Anuj Chopra, Fred Bijkerk, Guus Rijnders. "Nanosheet controlled epitaxial growth of PbZr0. 52Ti0. 48O3 thin films on glass substrates." Applied physics letters 105.13 (2014): 132904.
- You have a PhD degree in materials science, physical chemistry or engineering, solid state or surface physics or a related field.
- You have affinity with the realization of physical or chemical depositions of nanoscale thin films preferably nanosheets and their optical, structural, and chemical analysis.
- You are an excellent team player in an enthusiastic group of scientists and engineers working on a common theme.
- You are creative, like to push boundaries, and are highly motivated to address a major science challenge in thin film physics.
- You are fluent in English and able to collaborate intensively with industrial and academic parties in regular meetings and work visits.
Information and Application
Your reaction should include an application/motivation letter, emphasizing your specific interest and motivation, a detailed CV, a publication list, contact details of referees, and an academic transcript of B.Sc., M.Sc. and Ph.D. education. An interview and a scientific presentation will be part of the selection procedure. For more information about the position, you are encouraged to contact Prof. Fred Bijkerk at email@example.com, +31 53 4892863 or Dr. Eric Louis at firstname.lastname@example.org, +31 53 4894378.
You will be appointed on a fulltime position for one year with possible extension. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in a stimulating scientific environment. The post-doc salary is between € 3.123 and € 4.124 gross per month (scale 10 Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) depending on experience and qualifications. The offer further involves: a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%, a solid pension scheme, a minimum of 29 day holidays, and numerous professional and personal development programmes.