PhD on Modulation and Multiplexing Techniques for Converged optical fiber and mm wave communications in 5G networks.
PhD position on Heterostructures of 2D Materials and Organic Semiconductor Nanolayers
Progress in nanotechnology has led to an enormous interest in two-dimensional (2D) materials, having a huge market potential in electronics. In addition to …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2222 - € 2840 per maand
Progress in nanotechnology has led to an enormous interest in two-dimensional (2D) materials, having a huge market potential in electronics. In addition to exploiting the novel properties of individual 2D crystals, van der Waals heterostructures (vdWh) comprising several different materials hold promise for novel devices with designed properties. In this project, we will integrate mechanically stable and transferable nanolayers (5-10 nm) of organic semiconductors (OSC) with inorganic 2D materials, which could contribute significantly to technological advancement by exploiting the properties of both materials. The PhD research will focus on interfacial electronic properties in such structures, mainly studied by photoelectron electron spectroscopy, using lab facilities and external synchrotron facilities. The project is associated to the The Graphene Flagship, a Future and Emerging Technology Flagship by the European Commission.
- You have a MSc degree and a strong background in physics, applied physics, electrical engineering, or a closely related discipline, with an interest in condensed matter physics and preferably two-dimensional materials.
- Experience with two-dimensional materials in an experimental research setting is a plus.
- You should be a team player with excellent communication skills and should be fluent in English.
- You will collaborate actively with junior and senior researchers from participating teams in different countries.
Information and application
For more information about the position, please contact Dr. ir. M.P. (Michel) de Jong (email@example.com).
Applications should include an application/motivation letter, emphasizing your specific interest and motivation to apply for this position, a detailed CV (resume), a publication list, contact details of at least 2 referees, and an academic transcript of B.Sc. and M.Sc. education. An interview and a scientific presentation will be part of the selection procedure.
The start of the project is as soon as possible.
You will be appointed on a fulltime position for four years, with a qualifier in the first year, within a very stimulating scientific environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues. Salary and conditions are in accordance with the collective labour agreement for Dutch universities (CAO- NU).
- Salary ranging from € 2222 gross at the start to € 2840 gross in the fourth year;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.