We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic and motivated lecturer, with a strong background in social theory and affinity to space, place, materialities and …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic and motivated lecturer, with a strong background in social theory and affinity to space, place, materialities and cultural geographies. We are seeking research and teaching interests that inform governance, planning and design in an urban and/or rural setting. The 1 fte position is permanent but with a mutual trial period of 1 year with the chair group of Cultural Geography (GEO) at Wageningen University & Research. The successful candidate will contribute to teaching in the GEO group. While this is a teaching position, a strong research profile, for example expressed via original peer-review publications and an innovative PhD-thesis, is desirable. Universal Teaching Qualification (BKO) is also desirable, but not a condition. Upon permanent recruitment a BKO will become a requirement.
As a lecturer in our group, the successful candidate will contribute to a strongly internationally oriented teaching programme at Wageningen University. We ask:
- Lecture in the Bachelor (BLP) and Masters (MLP) of GEO on topics such as planning, governance, spatial theory and design
- Supervise students´ group work in these Bachelor and Master's programmes of GEO
- Supervise and mark students' individual papers and group work
- Mark exams
- Supervise students' Master's and Bachelor theses and internships
All candidates should fulfil at least the following requirements:
- PhD in social sciences or the humanities (human or cultural geography, political science, policy and (global) governance studies, sociology, art and design). Candidates who are close to completing their PhD thesis will also be considered.
- Experience in supervision of BSc and MSc thesis projects
- Experience in education at BSc and MSc level
- State-of-the-art knowledge of social science concepts and theories relevant in the field of space, place, materialities and cultural geographies
- Expertise in the field(s) of governance studies, institutional analysis, discourse analysis, design, cultural geography, planning, science and technology studies, or related fields
- Experience with qualitative methodologies and/or mixed methods approaches
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment and with students who have a natural science background
- Appreciation of a small-scale teaching environment
ConditionsWe offer you a challenging position of 1 fte (38 hours per week) for a period of 1 year, with potential extension, pending performance review.
Depending on your expertise and experience a salary from a minimum of € 2709,- (gross) to a maximum of € 4274,- (gross) based on a fulltime employment.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Additional informationIf you have any questions about this position before submitting your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For this position you can only apply on line, till 30 September 2019
Equal opportunities employer
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please don't send your application directly to Edward H. Huijbens.