1 dag geleden - Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen - Groningen
Junior Researcher User Centred Design of Electric Mobility Systems
Do you want to join and contribute to the growing market of electric mobility? Can you help us to improve insight in the user perspective? Will you seize the …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 2588 - € 4084 per maand
Do you want to join and contribute to the growing market of electric mobility? Can you help us to improve insight in the user perspective? Will you seize the opportunity to deliver a positive impact for our project partners? Are you highly motivated to grow in a dynamic environment?The challenge
We are looking for a researcher in “User Centred Design of Electric Mobility Systems” who researches and designs effective user interactions with applications and systems that unravel and improve mobility for end-users, policymakers and other involved parties. You will be part of the Department of Design, Production and Management, which has a strong background in System Design and User Centred Design. The research is positioned in two European projects and on a day-to-day basis:
- We team up with you, another junior researcher and a Postdoc researcher to build towards more sustainable transport together.
- You visit (national) project partners on a structural or ad-hoc basis dependent on the project stage, realize project deliverables and publish and present results in conferences or journals.
In the proEME project (Promoting Electric Mobility in Urban Europe), you will contribute in the following areas:
- You work with our partners to investigate why people and organizations are or are not adopting the use of electric vehicles (EVs).
- You support the user-centred design of a model that enables both end-users and policymakers to understand why and how EVs work within their context
The eMaaS project (Electric Mobility as a Service) focuses more directly on improving and integrating existing software solutions of our partners. In this project you will accomplish the following:
- You interview users, create and employ scenarios to analyse user needs and requirements to design state of the art mobility platforms
- You develop heuristics and guidelines and validate their application in user interface development. You do this by preparing, monitoring and evaluating user tests in various trials.
As an overall research contribution, you will work on developing a framework that allows effective application of user centred design to the broad concept of mobility.
- You hold a Masters degree in Industrial Design, Human Media Interaction or another field relevant to the position
- You can demonstrate that your skills allow you to make an outstanding contribution to the research as described
- You have excellent communication skills to be able to work with a wide variety of partners and end-users in the project
- You show initiative and are independent, but also work well within a team
- You have fluent English language skills, while other languages such as Dutch or German are a plus.
Information and application
For additional information regarding this position, you can contact Steven Haveman, email: email@example.com. You can submit your application, including a motivation letter and recent CV, before 31 May 2018 using the link below.
You will be appointed for two years within a very stimulating scientific environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues.
- The gross monthly salary will range from € 2.588,- to € 4.084,- and will depend on experience and qualifications;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.