Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Postdoctoral Position Pathways to Sustainability & Urban Futures Studio (1.0 FTE)
In this two-year postdoc, you will work for the Pathways to Sustainability (PtS) Core Team. As one of the four strategic themes of Utrecht University, …
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 2790 - € 3746 per maand
In this two-year postdoc, you will work for the Pathways to Sustainability (PtS) Core Team. As one of the four strategic themes of Utrecht University, Pathways to Sustainability wants to help Utrecht University to be in the forefront of innovative sustainability research. You are well versed in the sustainability debates and have a PhD on a subject matter relevant to PtS. Your core task will be to investigate innovative institutional models on sustainability research, education, and outreach globally. Based on your work, we will try to enhance the innovative strength of the university on issues pertaining to sustainability. You are interested in contributing to the (development of) various educational components of PtS and have a good sense of the impact of organizational form on the quality of the interaction. You are a team player that likes to connect to others and is able to enthuse them. You will also be part of the team of Urban Futures Studio which is devoted to interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary innovation. You are expected to report your findings in ways both appealing to a wider audience (e.g. short videos, blog posts, presentations, one-pagers) and academic contributions (e.g. peer-reviewed articles). Additionally, candidates are expected to play an active role in the further development of 'Futuring' education at Utrecht University. Teaching will be part of the portfolio (but not more than 25%).
- investigate institutional formats in sustainability research & education and report on this (both for the PtS community and by means of peer reviewed publications).
- spur the radical innovation PtS proclaims;
- help develop the intellectual debate on sustainability and create the narrative of UU PtS sustainability research and education;
- help set up transdisciplinary projects.
The candidate is expected to have:
- a PhD in a relevant discipline, with proven expertise in sustainability concerns. Natural sciences, social sciences, and humanities will be given equal consideration;
- experience in working in interdisciplinary contexts;
- a proven track record of research skills (relative to experience);
- academic writing and presentation skills;
- shown ability to contribute to international academic debates through written contributions (peer-reviewed articles, conference papers, books, etc.);
- the ability to work both independently as well as part of a team;
- an interest in setting up organizational experiments;
- proficiency in English & Dutch;
- an experimental and pro-active attitude as well as excellent communication and collaborative skills.
We offer a temporary position (0.8 FTE) for one year in an international working environment. Upon good performance, the contract will be extended for another 12 months (two years in total).The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €2,790 and €3,746 (scale 10/4 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). Here you'll find more information about working at Utrecht University.