1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Lecturer in New Media and Digital Culture
The Faculty of Humanities offers the opportunity of a lectureship for recent graduates. You will have the opportunity to teach in a dynamic academic …
- Spui, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 15 - 19 uur
- € 2640 - € 4852 per maand
The Faculty of Humanities offers the opportunity of a lectureship for recent graduates. You will have the opportunity to teach in a dynamic academic environment in which new didactic methods are developed and where you will receive support for further career development. The Media and Information and New Media programs are taught in English.
As a lecturer in New Media and Digital Culture you will be teaching in a dynamic context in which new educational methods are being developed. You will be supervised closely during your appointment. Additional didactical training can also be part of the appointment. Based on the candidate's educational portfolio, previously acquired competences will be taken into consideration.
Our ideal candidate has considerable knowledge of the study of New Media and Digital Culture in the humanities, especially in the areas of digital methods and critical internet culture. He or she will also have demonstrable affinity with the areas of media arts, media history, media theory and social media critique. Up-to-date Internet skills are essential, as is current knowledge of digital culture as evidenced by active participation in online culture. Practical experience in working analytically with online platforms (e.g., Wikipedia, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube) and web-based applications (e.g., wikis) is highly desirable.
The new media and digital culture team is part of the Media Studies department and concerns itself with research strategies for the critical study of Internet culture. As lecturer you will teach on both the bachelor's and master's degree levels, in courses concerned with such topics as data journalism, media theory, new media practice, new media research methods, media history as well as contemporary themes in digital culture. You may also teach more general courses in Media Studies on BA level, in the program of Media and Information and are expected to supervise both BA and MA theses. Ideally, candidates also have research interests and academic ambitions in new media and digital culture.
As a succesful candidate for the position you are expected to meet the following requirements:
- a relevant PhD degree, or working on a PhD (close to defending);
- the capacity to work in multi-disciplinary teams of information designers, programmers and new media analysts, evidenced by e.g. leading a project at a Digital Methods Summer or Winter School;
- several years of teaching experience at the university level, on BA and MA level in more than one programme of study in the humanities;
- demonstrable didactic abilities and/or training, evidenced by an educational portfolio;
- experience in working in digital learning environments;
- immediately employable in teaching New Media subjects at all levels;
- organisational experience and skills;
- reliable team worker;
- thorough knowledge of English; non-native Dutch speakers are requested to achieve competency in Dutch within two years.
Research skills are preferred.
There will be three to four positions from 15,2 to 19 hours a week each (0,4 to 0,5 fte), depending on the number of applicants. The appointment will be on a temporary basis for a period of one and a half years (starting 1 February 2019 until 1 August 2020). The gross monthly salary will range from €2,640 (scale 10) to €4,852 (scale 11), based on a full-time appointment (38 hours a week) in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities.
For further details, you may contact:
Your application should include a full academic CV and letter of motivation. Please submit your complete application no later than 31 December 2018 using this link. Only complete applications received through the link provided will be taken into consideration.
Candidates are expected to be available for an interview from 2 to 4 January 2019.